Marketing and Communications Internship
About the Company
Salco Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Inc. is an innovative products manufacturer that has fulfilled the material handling requirements for automotive, food, medical, industrial, laboratory, and other industries since 1963. Centrally located in Jackson, Michigan, Salco Engineering is an ISO 9001/2000 certified company and a Tier I-OEM Supplier that can handle any amount of custom business.
Salco Engineering & Manufacturing Co., Inc. seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern to help with the company’s branding and marketing efforts. With a recently re-designed logo and website (salcoeng.com), Salco is prepared to take the next step toward improving our brand.
05/13/2013 – 08/23/2013 (flexible)
04/08/2013 – 04/12/2013
Hours per week
20 – 40
Hourly – Based on experience
The Marketing & Communications Intern will complete the following tasks with supervision and general assistance from Salco staff:
- Researches marketing and advertising outlets locally and regionally.
- Establishes relationships with relevant newspapers and magazines to promote Salco’s products and services.
- Works with Journalism/Writing Intern to get articles published in various newspapers, magazines, and websites.
- Recommends new marketing strategies.
- Develops/coordinates graphics and layout for print material.
- Researches tradeshow information (ProMat and Modex in particular)
- Other duties as assigned.
Email resume and cover letter to Chris Gancsos no later than 04/01/13. Call or email with questions. email@example.com or 517-262-7164.